Wednesday 21 November 2012

More Visions of Chrysanthemum (Mums)


More Visions of Chrysanthemums (Mums)

Chrysanthemums are truly a glorious flower offering countless visual delights. It was a hard choice but here are a few more of my favorites:







A Lovely Poem:

Autumn chrysanthemums have beautiful color
Autumn chrysanthemums have beautiful color,
With dew in my clothes I pluck their flowers.
I float this thing in wine to forget my sorrow,
To leave far behind my thoughts of the world.
Alone, I pour myself a goblet of wine;
When the cup is empty, the pot pours for itself.
As the sun sets, all activities cease;
Homing birds, they hurry to the woods singing.
Haughtily, I whistle below the eastern balcony --
I've found again the meaning of life.

by T'ao Ch'ien, Buddhist Taoist, 4th Century
(365 - 427) Timeline, English version by Wu-chi Liu







The End.













No comments:

Post a Comment