Sunday 24 November 2013

I Heard the Bells on Christmas Day


I Heard the Bells on Christmas Day

Lyrics [guitar chord]: 

[D] I heard the bells on [A] Christmas day 

[D] Their old familiar [A] carols play, 

[D] And wild and sweet the [Bm] words [G] repeat 

[D] Of peace on earth, good [A] will to [D] men. 


I thought how, as the day had come, 

The belfries of all Christendom 

Had rolled along th' unbroken song 

Of peace on earth, good will to men.


And in despair I bowed my head 

'There is no peace on earth,' I said, 

'For hate is strong and mocks the song 

Of peace on earth, good will to men.' 


Then pealed the bells more loud and deep: 

'God is not dead, nor doth He sleep; 

The wrong shall fail, the right prevail 

With peace on earth, good will to men.' 


Till ringing, singing on its way 

The world revolved from night to day, 

A voice, a chime, a chant sublime 

Of peace on earth, good will to men.























Happy Holidays.

No comments:

Post a Comment